This is a great opportunity for NC Sheep & Goat Producers raising show goats or sheep. The particulars are below but please let Dan or I know if you would like to consign an animal or 2.
Questions contact Dan Wells, Johnston County Livestock Agent at email@example.com or 919-623-3531.
1. The Sale will be held on SC Online Sales on April 2, 2020.
2. Limit of 2 consignments per breeder/family. Consignment fee is $50 per animal sold. SC Online will handle collection of fees and payment of sellers.
3. All consignors must be enrolled in the Got to Be NC Livestock Program. http://www.ncagr.gov/markets/livestock/NCtags.htm
4. All lots consigned must be eligible for Got to Be NC premiums at the NC State Fair and must be delivered tagged with the breeder’s Got to Be NC tag. Eligible lots will include meat type ewes, does and wethers.
5. Animals may be sold even if they are not weaned. Lots that are not weaned must include projected weaning date in description.
6. Consignors will be responsible for electronically submitting lot descriptions, pictures and video. Quality pictures are essential, and inclusion of video is highly encouraged.
7. The futurity show will be held in conjunction with a summer or early fall jackpot show in NC. Only animals purchased through the April 2 online sale will be eligible for the futurity classes. The consignor and exhibitor of the champion lamb and champion goat (market animal standards) will split $1000 in prize money. Other prizes will be awarded for 2-5 place in each species.
a. $250 to champion lamb exhibitor.
b. $250 to champion goat exhibitor.
c. $250 to champion lamb consignor.
d. $250 to champion goat consignor.
Brent J. Jennings
4-H Youth Livestock